Recognizing Innovation + Leadership in Sustainability
2019 Sustainability Awards
- Judges: Judges include the upcoming GSN Foundation Board Members (see profiles below).
- Award: Transformation in Sustainability Award
- Catagories: A total of three awards will be given for the most innovative idea, program, or actions in sustainability within three categories: Spa, Brand, and Individual.
- Timeline + Fee: Participants may submit their nominations between October 31, 2019 – January 17, 2020. An entry fee of $25 will be required.
Transformation in Sustainability Award
The Transformation in Sustainability Award recognizes a property, brand, and individual that/who utilize sustainable practices that are healthy for people and planet, save or preserve natural resources, utilize sustainable materials, and/or implement innovative and groundbreaking techniques, services, and/or programming.
One award will be given to each of the following categories:
SPA | Property that is highly sustainable in their purpose, sourcing, facility management, programming, community impact, or operational practices.
BRAND | This category recognizes a product company, equipment supplier, or distributor that is highly sustainable in their purpose, materials and ingredient sourcing, packaging, programming, community impact, and/or operational practices.
INDIVIDUAL | This category recognizes an individual in the wellness industry who is highly sustainable in their purpose, initiatives, educational awareness, and community impact.
All entries received will be judged on transformation in sustainability, innovation, positive environmental and/or community impact, and financial impact.
Submit a Nomination
To submit a nominee, please complete the brief entry form using the button below.
GSN Sustainability Awards Dinner & Ceremony
Where: 2020 GSN Congress at Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
When: January 28, 2020 at 7:00pm
The three awards will be presented at the 2020 GSN Congress in Ojai, CA. Winners will walk the green carpet to receive a commemorative piece of art.
To learn more about Congress and to register for the event, click here.
Meet the Judges
Tara Grodjesk, President and Owner of TARA Spa Therapy, GSN Emeritus Founding Member
Jim Chenevey, CEO of Living Earth Crafts, GSN Emeritus Founding Member
Rianna Riego, Founder of Rianna Reigo, LCC
Bonnie Baker, GSN Board President and Co-founder of Satteva Spa and Wellness Concepts
Jessica Gilden, Business Manager at GSNPlanet
Attila Koronczay, General Manager at Eminence Organic Skincare
- The GSN Sustainability Awards are judged by an independent committee of industry professionals.
- Both the public and judges will provide recommendations for the judges to review as a group. Selections for Final Nominees and Winners are taken via blind survey systems.
- If, in the judgment of the Awards Committee, no candidates meet the eligibility requirements, an award may not be given.
- The Awards Committee reserves the right to present a nominee with an award other than the one for which the recommendation was submitted.
- Recommendations of candidates not selected for awards may be resubmitted in a subsequent year for consideration.
- Each final nominee, selected in accordance with these procedures, will be requested to provide additional biographical information.