Green Spa Network (GSN) is seeking a highly motivated and personable executive director with superb planning skills and aspiration to take the organization to the next level. The Executive Director will work closely with an inspired board of directors and members that represent the cutting edge of the spa and wellness community.
The Executive Director is responsible for the administration, management and implementation of all programs as well as the financial development activities. The principle objectives for the Executive Director are to successfully manage the organization’s growth, plan for and secure financial resources and oversee programmatic work. The priority of this position is to ensure that there are sufficient funding and management structures in place to continue to serve as a vital resource in the spa industry.
The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring that the Association serves the needs and interests of the Green Spa Network membership pursuant to the GSN mission statement and the Association’s Bylaws and as directed by the Board of Directors, which is the primary policy-setting body of the Association. As the senior staff officer, the Executive Director has full responsibility for planning and executing the long-range goals of the organization as approved by the Board of Directors and managing the coordinated operation of the Association’s staff, volunteers and other contracted resources. The Executive Director must be proficient in leading and managing operations, sustainability initiatives, fundraising, and communicating effectively with diverse groups. They must have the ability to function under the oversight of a governing board and be knowledgeable in the areas of strategic planning, budgeting, personnel administration, staff development, program design, advancement and evaluation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads the strategic planning process and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Plans and executes annual operating plan and budget.
- Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Hires, develops, supervises and collaborates with the organization staff.
- Serves as Green Spa Network’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with various organizations throughout the spa and wellness industry and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Green Spa Network’s Mission.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the spa, wellness and sustainability industries.
- Oversees marketing and other communications efforts.
- Reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Formulates and recommends to the Board of Directors modifications to existing policy and formulation of new policy to further attain the objectives of the Board.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ethical Behavior: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization. · Relationship Building: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Effective Communication: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Stakeholder Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Team Building: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Leadership: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Decision Making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- Planning: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Problem Solving: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Strategic Thinking: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization.