Inspire Action and Create Community Through Storytelling
March 11-14, 2018 | Carmel Valley Ranch
There are two airport options nearby Carmel Valley Ranch:
Monterey Peninsula Regional Airport (MRY) – 13 miles; approximately 20 minutes drive time
San Jose International Airport (SJC) – 70 miles; approximately 75 minutes drive time
There are a couple of transportation options to Carmel Valley Ranch as alternatives to renting a car.
- Uber – One way service between the Monterey Regional Airport and Carmel Valley Ranch is approximately $30. One way service between San Jose International Airport and Carmel Valley Ranch is approximately $100.
- Main Event Transportation – For private car service rates are as follows:
- One way service between the Monterey Regional Airport
- Sedan for up to 2 guests with luggage – $134.25 (incl. gratuity)
- SUV for up to 4 guests with luggage – $163.62 (incl. gratuity)
- One way service between the San Jose International Airport
- Sedan for up to 2 guests with luggage – $292.88 (incl. gratuity)
- SUV for up to 4 guests with luggage – $310.50 (incl. gratuity)
- One way service between the Monterey Regional Airport
Special group rates have been secured for our event. A very limited number of rooms are available for early arrival on Friday or Saturday. To ensure you have the accommodations you need to make the most of your visit to the area, please make your room reservations sooner rather than later by calling the hotel directly at 855-687-7262. Check in time is 4:00pm and check out time is 12:00pm. Our group room block will be released on February 6, 2018. After this time, rates are subject to availability.
Please proceed to the front desk for hotel check-in. Front desk staff will direct you to the Green Spa Network registration desk where you can collect your name badge and receive a final schedule of events. Registration will be available beginning at 4:00pm. Our Sunday evening reception will kick-off our event at 6:00pm followed by a special opening ceremony.
Our meals will be prepared by the extraordinary culinary staff of Carmel Valley Ranch. We have collaborated on the menu, with an emphasis on fresh, wholesome, gourmet food that will support your ability to focus on the business at hand. Please let us know if you have special dietary needs.
Activities to Enjoy:
As is customary at each of our events, we build open space into the program to provide inspiration and rejuvenation of body and spirit.
Carmel Valley Ranch offers a wide range of activities we hope you will take advantage of including:
- Hiking: One of our rituals at all of our GSN gatherings is the morning walk to get us out in the fresh air and experience the surrounding area – our way of welcoming the day. Carmel Valley Ranch boasts miles of easily accessible on-site hiking trails. Just a few minutes drive away are the many trails of Garland Ranch. Come early and join our pre-event excursion along the breathtaking Big Sur Coastline. Bring hiking shoes and/or running/walking shoes with tread and comfortable clothes with layers as the weather can be unpredictable in the spring.
- Spa: The beautiful Spa Aiyana offers more than 10,000 square feet of quiet oasis overlooking the Ranch. Franziska Haala, Aiyana Spa Director, has generously offered a 20% discount for each of Green Spa Network’s Congress attendees. Advance reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 831-626-2586. The spa menu can be viewed here.
- Bee Experience: The Ranch’s signature activity! Make a beeline for the apiary. Suit up with one of the Ranch Beekeepers for a visit to the hives, home to 60,000 Italian honeybees. Included is a taste of honey straight from the hive, as well as a lavender beeswax gift for each person. More details can be found here.
- Outdoor Adventures: Archery, geocaching, bird walks, wild foraging, meditation walks and more! A full list of outdoor activities can be found here.
- Arts & Crafts: Beeswax candle making and silkscreening workshops are just a couple of the ways to stimulate your creativity at the Ranch. Explore here.
- Fitness & Wellness: Barre, Body Pump, yoga, cycling and circuit training are only a sampling of the many ways to get your blood circulating while at the Ranch. View the full range of offerings here.
What is appropriate dress for Congress?
Ranch casual. Attire ranges from jeans and a nice blouse or button down shirt to yoga pants and fitness shoes. We want you to be comfortable and dressed for play and adventure! Meeting space is fairly close to your lodging, but the property is spread out and the trails begin right out your door! Layers are suggested as spring mornings and evenings can be cool and afternoons warm.
For our final awards dinner, feel free to dress more elegantly and we encourage you to don your favorite eco-fashions on the “green carpet.”
Carmel Valley Ranch is located amidst sweeping meadows with a backdrop of the Santa Lucia Mountains. The spring weather is fairly changeable, so be prepared for just about anything: sunny and warm, or a light spring rain blowing through; it will be chilly in the morning and at night. Daytime temperatures could range from the 60s – 70s while dipping into the 40s – 50s at night. Bring your sunscreen as we will enjoy lunch outside (weather permitting). Dress in layers for warmth – bring a warm jacket, hats, scarves and comfortable shoes are a must.
Shipping to the Ranch:
If you should have any questions, please feel free to email Jessica at Jessica@greenspanetwork.org, or call 800-275-3045 ext. 3. Have a pleasant journey and we look forward to seeing you at the Ranch!