Thank you for your interest in volunteering for GSN.
We are delighted that you are exploring board service. Each of us has a role to play in building a
sustainable future and GSN board service is a terrific way to get involved.
Serving on the GSN Board is an opportunity to roll up your sleeves, contribute to a great movement and be recognized for your vision, dedication and passion for sustainability.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for anyone who is passionate about GSN’s mission and has a track record of effective governance and leadership experience. Board members are selected based on their demonstrated ability to:
- Bring broad-based knowledge of issues affecting the spa / wellness and sustainability industries;
- Carefully prepare for meetings by reviewing and synthesizing the provided background materials;
- Fully participate in group discussions by respectfully offering and listening to diverse points of view; and
- Make thoughtful decisions that are in the best interests of GSN.
Individually and collectively, Board members are selected to reflect:
- High‐quality leadership with the commitment and ability to make meaningful contributions that will help GSN further its mission and vision;
- Understanding and commitment to GSN’s vision, mission, core values and beliefs, strategic priorities, and GSN’s fiduciary agreement and code of ethics;
- Broad knowledge and awareness of issues facing the spa and wellness field and ability to conceptualize the appropriate role for the Association as guided by its vision, mission, core values and beliefs, strategic direction, and policies;
- Demonstrated commitment to GSN’s desire to be a high–performing, inclusive organization, as embodied by its core beliefs;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to objectively consider diverse perspectives to guide major policy decisions of GSN;
- Expertise in special areas needed by the Association, including knowledge of GSN’s structure, and/or knowledge and experience in nonprofit governance and organizational development;
- Commitment of time and other resources to provide vision and leadership as an effectively contributing Governing Board member;
- Ability to be an ambassador and public spokesperson on behalf of the Association and its principles; and
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience, including fiduciary and fiscal responsibility, necessary to fulfill the specific responsibilities of their potential Board role.
- All Board members must be GSN members in good standing.
- Service on GSN’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for reimbursement of expenses in relation to Board Members’ duties that comply with Board policy.